PH meter for Co2 system..need to know if I set it right

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Huro

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So I finally got the time tonight to hook up my Co2 system and I have a question about my Milwaukee MC122 ph meter. I set my dial to 7.5 and flipped my switch to activate when below 7.5 , turning on my Co2. Did I set this correctly or should I have flipped the switch to activate above 7.5, sorry the Milwaukee manual was not clear on this point. Thanks

Ok so got some coffee went back and hit the notes, ok based on this chart my KH when last tested was 3 degrees so ideally with Co2 I should be shooting for a PH of 6.5 as Co2 lowers PH.. Therefore I went back reset meter to 6.5 and have it set to turn on Co2 anytime my Ph rises above this value.....This correct?

Attachments

• CO2%20Measurement%20Chart.jpg
    CO2%20Measurement%20Chart.jpg
    273.1 KB · Views: 76
Ok just in case someone stumbles across this thread with the same question I had, the second post is spot on. It has nearly been 24 hours and drop checker has been in the green, plants and fish are doing great, although I did notice a one point increase in KH so readjusted Ph to 6.6.

Back
Top Bottom