phosban

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have 2 of them daisy chained together on my 300+ gallon system. The first one runs Phosban, the second runs carbon and the output of that feeds my fuge. I've heard that the old ones had a zillion nylon screws to deal with. None of that with the new one.

does the new one have a bigger chamber?
feeding the fuge with the output is an great idea! i might replumb my return and that would make it easier. i could remove a tee and supply more flow to the main.
what powerhead are running to feed them both?

steve r

They recommend a MaxiJet 600. Our club is doing a group buy right now and we're considering a Mini Jet 606. I don't know anything about them yet though so the jury's still out.

I didn't have the "old" one so I don't know if the chamber is different. I really think that the only difference is the top of the housing and the hose ports.

Isnt the maxijet 160gph? The phosban they recommend a pump at 80 or 90gph, im confused here.

From what I've read you don't want a heavy flow with the phosban...I would go with the companies recommended flow rate.

the reactor comes with a valve which you can use to restrict flow. Mine runs on a MJ400 at about 40% cut off. It needs low flow so it doesn't tumble the media which is friable. Mine works great, and I think it was a good deal. I think I did need maybe 1ft of 1/2" hose, but I already had some.

I'm using about 1/3 of a jar of phosban at a time for my 54g. changing it about every 3 mo.

blah i can't wait till i get mine, i ordered one 3 weeks ago from marine depot and due to x'mas it got lost in transportation by ups, now they are back tracking and re-sending the item to me, donno when it will arrive.

I just put one on my tank because of algea and cyno. I wonder how long it takes before you see results?

Back
Top Bottom