Phosban Reactor - Little Fishes version

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishman

Aquarium Advice Addict
I set up my phosban reactor last night and wanted some feedback. It states in the instructions to turn the water flow to where the top of the phosban layer is gently tumbeling. Well I am using a Via Aqua 400 and have the ball valve turned WAY down. My delimma is the whole top layer of the phosban is NOT tumbeling. It tends to be just one half of the top layer. Like if you were looking down on the reactor and looked at it as a circle, the top half of the circle would be mixing nicely...the bottom half isnt moving. does this make sense? I dont want to turn it up to high. Im running 150 grams.

thats fine mine does the same thing. I have never been able to get the whole top layer to tumble at the same time.

Oh ok! Well I was beginning to think there was something wrong with mine. Thanks for the info

I have only had my up and running for about 2-3 days. Dont know yet but I have heard people love them and say they work great!

I've been thinking of trying one myself. I know Mike Paletta highly recommends them. Let us know how it works. You too seaham. How are you liking it?

I use 2 phosban reactors on my system. I have phosban loaded into one of them and carbon loaded into the other. Our club is getting ready to do a group buy on the bulk version of the phosban media that works out to be something like 10$ per POUND.

I've heard that you should ramp up and be careful because on a dedicated SPS system you could throw the system into a tizzy by running too much phosban too fast.

That's good to know Phly. Why don't one of you all do a product review on the phosban and reactor? :wink:

Back
Top Bottom