Phosphate reactors

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Captaingills

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I've been researching reactors and was curious as to whether a lifegard inline filtration would work. Filling the mechanical filter interior with phosban seems like an easy process. Does anyone have any insight or experience with this?

I've had an algae bloom and found that my Kalkwasser had a phosphate level over 1 mg/L. I use 2 teaspoons limewater per gallon plus about 2 ounces of vinegar and the phosphates were off the chart. So, there's my dilemma. I need to dose calcium in my reef tank without feeding the algae. I'm using phos-zorb, but I'm not getting the results I want.

Then I agree that you are in need to run some reactors. I was in the exact same position with one bloom after another. It took about a month of the GFO to finally get ahold of the problem. The addition of Purigen, rather than activated carbon, has also provided the results I was looking for. The reactors off of BRS might save you some coin. There are usually a bulk buy going on in the forums that Carey is usually incharge of. Might want to check it out, it is like a 10% savings I believe.

Thanks. I have a lifegard mechanical, biological and UV system and was hoping to run the phos-zorb inside the mechanical filter. Least expensive option. Only fear is water flow would be too high.

Back
Top Bottom