Picked up a 3' 30 gallon - help identifying

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kairus

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey guys, I got my hands on a 3 foot 30 gallon, the dimensions are 36 1/4" wide, 12.5" deep, and 16 3/4" tall. The glass thickness is about 3/16". This is a rather abnormal tank size so I cannot find much about it. I'm wondering if this tank is an AGA 30 gallon, or maybe some sort of terrarium tank?

The glass seems to be about the same thickness as my 20 long is, but this one is taller, so shouldn't that warrant thicker glass? I'm just looking for someone to calm my worries!

Here's some pictures. You can see in the pictures it has little feet on the glass itself, I found that odd. It was used as a reptile tank, but

The glass looks normal thickness to me. I'd put water in it and watch for leaks for a couple days.

Glasscages.com makes a size like that called a 38. I guess I'd be concerned by the lack of crossbracing. Is the top broken or was it always like that?

Its a 30 long. Set it in a bathtub, and fill the tank with water. Let it set for a few days to see if any leaks show up.

Back
Top Bottom