Pico tanks?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

haus

Aquarium Advice Freak
I just seen the post by hyewiz and was in awe. I have a 2.5 gal that I thought about putting corals in a while back and it is now just sitting on a table with about 2 inches of aragonite sand on the bottom. I didn't do anything because I thought that it wouldn't be able to handle the bioload. Now hyewiz has inspired me to continue on with my venture. Could anybody give me an idea of how to start? I was thinking using som lr from my big tank and use that for filtration along with pwc. I have an aquaclear 201 ph. It pumps "up to 126 gph", would that be too much for a little tank? Also how much lighting is needed? 12.5 watts give 5 watts/gal. Would a 20 watt 10,000K bulb be OK? Is there any fish that would be able to survive in a tank that small? Maybe goby/pistol shrimp? Hyewiz, thanks for the inspiration, kudos to you!

I would think one of the smallest gobies would be ok with it. Also that should be plunty of light for zoos/softies. And just water changes on schedule basis to keep everything happy. Defintely have to post some pics when you have it up and running.

It could be real soon!!! I'm not going to be able to sleep tonight thinking about it. All I have to get is a bulb. I have a heater, lr, ph, salt, the tank, sand is already washed and in the bottom, so I am ready to go. As I said I wanted to do this months ago, but never gave it a second thought. I wanted to put a sun coral in it, that's why I thought the bioload would be too much with feedings and expelling waste. I will definitely post pics when I get it going. Oh yeah, I need to make a canopy too, so a trip to hd is also in order!!!!!

I was thinking about a clown goby, but they don't form a bond with pistol shrimp do they? I've made my plans for a canopy already, next stop is hd to get materials.

Back
Top Bottom