Placement of lighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

melissasreef

Aquarium Advice Regular
Can anyone tell me if it matters if my actinic bulbs, or daylight bulbs should be in the front of my lighting system?
Thank you

I personally dont think it matters. I have VHO lighting. I just have two actics in back and two 50/50 out front. I dont really know what type lighting you have.

I have pc lighting. 230 watts total 2 actinic bulbs and 2 12,000 k day light bulbs. It is a 55 Gallon tank.

I have a unit that has 4 54w t-5 bulbs. The way I have it setup is I group the two Actinics to come on one switch and the other 12k's to come on with the other switch. It's just me and you can do it any way that looks good to you. My third switch controls my moonlights and I have them all on timers.

I have them timed the same as you thincat. It is funny we just noticed the actinic are in the front, and both wondered if it mattered. I have the actinic on at 7 am - 11 pm. Daylight 9 am- 8:30 pm. and moonlights all the time.

Lights coming on a littel dim is a good thing. I sure don't like it when someone blast me with light when I'm sleeping.

Back
Top Bottom