Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 08-01-2011, 01:12 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak
Plastic hinges?

i'm trying to search for plastic hinges..i may have the name wrong..but i know whatever this is its out there...you can wedge two pieces of glass/acrylic on either side and can bend it from the hinge...

i have an acrylic top thats cut in have for my tank but looking to find a plastic wedge hinge for it but having a hard time finding this online..

giggalz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 09:20 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict
I think you have the name right. One LFS I worked for long ago sold the All-Glass brand, but I'm not sure where to find them now.

It is a violation of federal law to use this product in a manner inconsistent with its labelling.
Rutrag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 09:39 AM   #3
Fish R friends, not food!

I dont use the hinges. I just line up the two pieces and tape them off and run a bead of silicone and smooth it out with a putty knife to attach the two pieces. That is how most commercial ones are made. I do get a brand of silicone that says "flexible" on the label.
spoonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 09:48 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Activist
Try aquariumpart.com
chagoi is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com