Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 07-16-2014, 07:03 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie
Please give me your advice on wet/dry & sumps

I just purchased a 210 tank to upgrade from my 100 gal I want to get away from HOB and canister filters and the tank came with one 30 gallon sump. I want to add another sump and I want to build something after shopping online and seeing the prices of pre built and even used sumps. Any advice on DYI sumps would be appreciated.

vickiB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 07:59 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey man. I have a new 125g that I finally got running...here is a pic of my 38 gallon DIY wet dry sump. It seems to work really well as it cleared up my initial sand fog quickly. I like it because the heater is down there and the tank is pushed right up to the wall with no HOB filters...I can help you with the design if you like...although...I am no expert. I just spent hours looking at other designs and then made one myself learning from other peoples mistakes and advice.

My tank has only been up less than a week and cycling.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Aquarium Advice mobile app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1405598296709.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	165.3 KB
ID:	243476   Click image for larger version

Name:	1405598330848.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	140.5 KB
ID:	243477  

BabaaBooey is offline   Reply With Quote

advice, dry, sump, wet

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com