Please, recommend skimmer for 30 g. tank.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

carioca

Aquarium Advice Newbie
My 30 g. tank has only 2 clowns, 2 shrimp , 6 snail ,3 mushrooms. no corals. not adding anything else in it. Running for 8 months and no problems ...yet.
Do i need a skimmer:?:
I keep reading different posts about many kinds [and how good they are to have] and not sure which to buy.
thanks for any help....

joe

Personally I've always been of the opinion if it ain't broke, why try fixing it. That doesn't mean you won't benefit from the use of a skimmer, just that you may not need one at face value. The 30 gal is still newly set up, correct?

What are the water parameters and how is it set up equipment/content wise?

Cheers
Steve

Skimmers will help the quality of water. It depends on what you want and how much you have to spend. In sump skimmer, HOB etc.

Are you planning on getting a sump(recommended for coral use and a lot of fish..)
if not then you can get the bakpak 2R right off of ebay..i also would reccomend the bubble trap for it and the pre skimmer too....or you can go to Petsolutions.com and shop....CHEAP!!!

As for an in sump skimmer(the one im gettting), is goin to be the C Urchin..ive only herd good about it so im goin with that...

Skimmers aren't a required piece of gear for a FO or FOWLR setup. But, as was already stated, they can do a lot in terms of preventing water from getting fouled up.

If you get a CPR bak-pak, PM me so I can explain why you'll wanna upgrade the Rio pump that comes with it to a maxi-jet (though I saw a new converted one at my LFS, confirming a rumor that CPR or someone is making a Bak-Pak 3R model that comes with the MJ already)

Back
Top Bottom