Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-23-2012, 07:26 PM   #21
SW 20 & Over Club

Send a message via ICQ to ccCapt
OK Again...what was the toxin?

Check out The build project
ccCapt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 07:32 PM   #22
Aquarium Advice Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer23

Read my other posts, i said i later found out it was wherever they manufactured it, they used some type of oil or lubricant when it was processed, it wasnt used to make the teflon it was used i guess to package it or to keep in storage, im not sayin teflon is the problem or that it is a problem in sayin jus do research on it before u use it, everyone jus isnt understanding wut im tryin to say, i didnt it was all bad nd the worst thing i used, all i said was do RESEARCH
Not positive exactly, the test didnt bring it down to a science of what it exactly was, but my grandfather who works for the company, nd is the one who actually tested it said it was a type of oil or lubricant, i tried to tell u that before but no one understands apparently, this wasnt recent, a couple years back this happend, nd the only outside material i used was teflon in the tank so thats the only place it could of came from, everythin else was from pet supply stores

Old 05-23-2012, 07:55 PM   #23
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer23

Not positive exactly, the test didnt bring it down to a science of what it exactly was, but my grandfather who works for the company, nd is the one who actually tested it said it was a type of oil or lubricant, i tried to tell u that before but no one understands apparently, this wasnt recent, a couple years back this happend, nd the only outside material i used was teflon in the tank so thats the only place it could of came from, everythin else was from pet supply stores
Ahh ok got ya now this is just a heads up post

I was ready to argue till I was blue in face and take pics of where I used it lol

But if you still want to use it possibly soak strips of it in peroxide or vinniger and rinse in hot water before you use it
Old 05-24-2012, 12:35 AM   #24
Aquarium Advice Addict

I've used teflon tape for 40 years on gas lines water lines and fish tanks and have never had a problem with it at all. Also in all those times I've never had it coated with oil or anything else or ever heard of anyone else talk about it. As far as I'm concerned its perfectly safe

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com