plumbing job

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pelochas

Aquarium Advice Activist
im starting the plumbing job on my sump and tank. let me say this, im am NOT A PLUMBER, just a audio/radio broadcast engineer. :x

i have a couple of 3' - 1" vacuum hose from my overflow to my sump. i added some ball valves. i also added a T on one of them to feed water over to the other end of my sump which will be the skimmer section. i wonder if the T will have any effect of the water draining from the main tank 75g?

i have a quite one 4000 pump 750 gph which will be outside the sump. i have 3/4" pvc going from the sump into the pump and then 3/4" pvc to the main tank. im stuck here, what do you use to feed the tank on the end of the pvc? just the pvc pipe, or a SCWD, or some sort of directional flow flange?

also, do you put ball valves on the return line to the main tank of the pump or the line that feed the pump or both?

thanks,

i put ball sockets on the end of my pvc for a bit of directional adjustment as well as several different types of nosels.

Check out www.modularhose.com you will get an idea of what I am talking about.

On the return line, most put a T with a ball valve on one section that empties back into the sump so you have some flow adjustment without restricting the pump.

HTH

Back
Top Bottom