plumbing question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vsnsofadrgn

Aquarium Advice Addict
i have a plumbing question. im gettin the mag drive 7 and it has 1/2" fittings, so im getting 1/2" tubing, along with some clamps for it to hold. (is that right?) i would also like to connect a flare nozel to the end of this, would 1/2" be the right size? meaning, when they say a 1/2", does that mean the inside or outside of the piece? or is it easier to just hard plumb with pvc??

It's 1/2" NPT which means the inside diameter of the hose needs to be 1/2" on the inside and usually that means you will be buying a 1/2" ID 3/4" OD (inside/outside diameter) hose. I got mine from Home Depot along with a 1/2" plastic reducer and plastic clamp.

My advice would be to take the pump into Home Depot or Lowes and tell them what you are using it for & the guys in the plumbing section should be able to show you every thing you need.

As for getting the water back in the tank you will need more then just the flare nozzle. A Directional U-Tube would be the easiest way to go.

thanks for the clarification.

i had something like locline for the u, but i like your link better.

Back
Top Bottom