plumbing question for new set-up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cindy6

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi Everyone: Any thoughts out there on this--I am ready to hook up a 125 gal. pre-drilled with 2 cornerflows (plumbing came with for the cornerflows)--hooking it up to EcoSystem sump/refugium model 3612 and have a Mag 12 for the pump. Any do's or don't I should think about when hooking this up??

Also does anyone have this EcoSystem 3612? If so, did you start this as a new tank completely? I am asking because I am transferring from a 55 gal. when I have this up and running but not familiar with the Miracle mud so wondering if you following the instructions for set-up in their booklet or can I speed up the process by using bioballs ect from my 55 gal.?:confused:

Thanks for any info--Cindy6

Moved to General Hardware and equipment discussion.

Does your tank only have one return line. My 125 has two and I use a mag 12 on one and a mag 9.5 on the other. I transfered over from a 55 to a 125 also. I have miracle mud in my fuge covered up with a few inches of sand but if I was to do it over I would not have used it. I dont see where it accomplished anything.

It`s not bad. You can make up for the flow you`ll need with powerheads. I have two returns that are powered as I said by a mag 12 and a 9.5. No need for any PH`s with that much flow. I just thought 125`s had two returns. I guess I was wrong.

ok-don't laugh--i'm new at this--what do you mean by 1 return line?--I have one port coming out of the sump but 2 corner flows each with its own port- the LFS has this set-up with one pump and tubes then going to each cornerflow

Ok so it is two return lines back to the tank. He just has one pump feeding both lines as I have a pump on each return line. Like I said extra PH`s will give you more flow.

Back
Top Bottom