Plumbing sump

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Beau_123

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Ok so I have a 72g bow tank and it is drilled for sump but I want to know the best way to plumb it and what glue is safe to use?

Ok so I have a 72g bow tank and it is drilled for sump but I want to know the best way to plumb it and what glue is safe to use?

Use PVC cement and primer and avoid any metal fittings. (You can use flexible hose of course, but PVC looks cleaner to me.) Use LOTS of unions and ball valves in case you need to take anything apart later for modification or maintenance.

How many holes do have and what size and location? Do you have a weir or skimmer box?

Ok so the cement stuff is reef safe to use and I have to holes one the overflow down and one to return

I too am new to this. I have a 75 gal tank this is how I piped my sumpImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1397418167.189139.jpg
This is my tankImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1397418188.673623.jpg

I also have the same questions. Would you mind if I asked how you seal where the pipe passes through the glass?

You have to use a bulkhead fitting. Witch has a rubber washer and a nut. Then you would glue into it from the top and bottom .

Back
Top Bottom