pluming a new tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

joe&rae

Aquarium Advice Activist
OK here it is, i just bought a 75gal and want to drill it and put a sump and passably a refug!! i am combining two smaller reefs in to a lager one!

i am planing to rebuild the stand so i cand build it around the pluming plan!! i have Gen-X pcx-40 pump that will do all the pumping on the setup!!!

I have looked at many diff options i have seen people make small overflow boxes on the tank , and some turn a 90 at the bulkhead and stopping the pipe at the top water level!! actual pics of what you have is appreciated and how well it works for you!!! a

also i am wandering how many "drain" bulkheads will be enough but not over board?!?!?!

i currently have a 110 predator tank that was drilled from factory and i love the way it is setup and all the benefits of the sump!!

Just a little warning that it is risky to drill tempered tanks .. the glass tend to shatter. <I did a side drill/cut on an old tank once & it eventually cracked from a minor imperfection on the cut line ... so I am using a HOB overflow.>

# of bulkheads: Look at this one:
BeanAnimal's Bar and Grill - Silent and Fail-Safe Overflow System
That is a 3 drain system for quietness. That would be the max you would need. I use a modification (actually the original design) of only 2 standpipes. <combining the emergency & startup.>

Back
Top Bottom