PM skimmer in or out of sump?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sgc1107

Aquarium Advice Freak
I Have the precision marine bullet II and I'm not sure if I want to run it inside my ADHI 45gl sump or out. It fits in.... Barely but it fits! my concern is it suggests running it raised so the out flow is at water level, think that could get messy! I haven't set it up yet (still varnishing the custom stand). Putting it in the sump will help allow for extra room for an ATO, which I'd really like to add but may not have room if I don't put it in the sump. Thoughts?

If it is an in sump skimmer toss it in. I'm not familiar with this skimmer.

What I can say is that ato take little to no room in a sump. I run a Jbj which hangs off the outside of my sump and a float valve that hangs inside to keep the water level where I want it. That in tandem with an aqua lifter pump that sits in the floor beside the sump...though they make a little hanger for them as well.

If it is an in sump skimmer toss it in. I'm not familiar with this skimmer. What I can say is that ato take little to no room in a sump. I run a Jbj which hangs off the outside of my sump and a float valve that hangs inside to keep the water level where I want it. That in tandem with an aqua lifter pump that sits in the floor beside the sump...though they make a little hanger for them as well.

From what I've read you can use it as either. I've read nothing but good reviews on it so far.

Here's a picture when I first purchased it (bought a 150gl that came with an ADHI sump & the skimmer) from what I've seen it retails at around $450-$500 depending on where your looking. Like I said I've read all good things (except the footprint size) but no one on here has much experience with it. I've actually talked to the guy (can't recall his name now... Maybe a Kevin) who runs the company and he helped me understand a lot about it. I'm just not sure to run it in it out of my sump.

Attachments

• image-4175112507.jpg
    image-4175112507.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 60
Back
Top Bottom