Polishing Pads?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kentucky

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
ok there are several different set-ups for the fluval 304 filter. Here is the manual for the one I have...http://www.hagen.com/pdf/aquatic/Fluval04new.pdf

Currently i am running ceramic bio media in both sections of the top chamber and carbon (chemi-pure) in the middle chamber in both sections. There is a 3rd bottome section that I currently don't use. There are also foam pads that came with this filter that have to be used and I clean these about every 2 weeks. I change the carbon once a month.

I was reading up on polishing pads but am still left confused on weather I really need them for my sw reef tank.? any suggestions on wether I should add them to a chamber in my filter (maybe chamber 2 and move the carbon to the bottom chamber and keep the ceramic bio media in both sections of the top chamber). Are they a waste of $$? Please help. Thanks.

I have a 305 and 405 on my 150g. Now mine are on a fw tank, so ymmv on this... I have ceramic bio-rings in all 3/4 of the baskets and 4 course sponges as well. I do not run carbon (though I think it is used much more in sw). Since you've got a sw tank with live rock (im assuming), you really wont need any ceramic media since you have plenty of bacteria colonizing on the rock. You also have to worry about the bio-rings building up crud and causing nitrate issues.

Back
Top Bottom