Pond Filter on aquarium ?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

OceanMist

Aquarium Advice Freak
as the subject says, would it be possible to fit a 90 gallon aquarium with a pond filter as it would be far less expencive than uing aquarium canisters and would also be far more efficient (1000 gal/hr), is there anything that pond filters are missing that is present in aquarium filters. ?? TIA :)

I've often wondered this, too. I'm sure you could rig it up. but I've never done it. I think that the flow is actually too much for many tanks. The hoses are also too big for most applications, but that's something that is open to change, i'm sure. I'll bet you can fit a lot of media in one of those things!

I might give it a go if I ever get my planned 90 gallon up and running, I can't see there being many problems,

for example, a good aquarium canister will cost around £160-£200, and is capable of about 250-300 gal/hr, however a pond filter that costs about £30-£50 would be capable of around 1000 gal/hr+. and they are designed for a similar cause - are there any disadvantages?

Back
Top Bottom