Pool sand?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I assume this is your tank. It is a very nice set-up, you'll be amazed how the sand will change the whole look of your tank....
PS... While your at it, why don't you go all the way and paint the back of the tank black.....

Gotta thank u for the black background idea, its so AWSOME !!!!!

Wanna thank all you guys and girls, for your input the only bad thing about this is,I have a bucket load of these little rocks and i know I'm not going back to gravel.....EVER!!!! Lol thanks again and I will post pics of finish project

It's actually a all black table cloth (temporary) I'm do the paint tomorrow but just had to get a idea of what it might look like and it's great
It'll finish the tank off beautifully. I love mine, painted. It's the best thing i've done on mine. Makes everything inside stand out... I assume you know what you need??

I did the black stick on.... Wife wouldn't let me bring black paint in the house lol.... Still amazing the difference with the black though!!!

Lol I understand that , not married but was engaged once ,but the tank is coming along,I'm thinking it should be crystal clear by tomorrow morning (finders crossed)

image-3176516769.jpg

It should be.... But be patient if its not.... It will deff pay off.... And I promise, you will never go back to gravel!!!!! I've got a 30 gallon now that I need to switch over and it's driving me crazy seeing gravel in it!!!!

It should be.... But be patient if its not.... It will deff pay off.... And I promise, you will never go back to gravel!!!!! I've got a 30 gallon now that I need to switch over and it's driving me crazy seeing gravel in it!!!!
Lol yep I'm never going back to gravel ,I wanted to ask another about purigen, I have it in my overflow,is it ok there or do I only put it in my canister filter?

image-875566552.jpg

Attachments

• image-2567875450.jpg
    image-2567875450.jpg
    148.5 KB · Views: 66
Other then black house paint which I'm assuming thats all i needed but i would appreciate any info to help me
I wouldn't use the house paint. Go to a craft or DIY store and get some Acrylic matt black paint, maybe 3-4 100ml bottles. Someone told me here that the $1 store has them. Get a cheap, disposable 3-5" SPONGE roller. Clean the back of the tank with just water and paper towels. Give it 3 coats(more if needed). Wait about 30mins between each coat. This stuff dry pretty quick. After each coat, shine a light(torch) at the glass and you'll see if the paint has completely cover the glass. Sometimes you get tiny clear holes, just keep painting until it's completely covered. The reason i use Acrylic paint is because its, cheap, odourless and works great on glass. In between coats, cover the sponge roller with a plastic bag or food bag. Stops the roller from drying out and leaving clumps of dry paint on the glass. I use matt black because it leaves no 'shine' on the glass.

Lol I understand that , not married but was engaged once ,but the tank is coming along,I'm thinking it should be crystal clear by tomorrow morning (finders crossed)

View attachment 158260
As ff.rice said, don't panic if it's not crystal clear, sometimes it takes a few days....

Lol yep I'm never going back to gravel ,I wanted to ask another about purigen, I have it in my overflow,is it ok there or do I only put it in my canister filter?

View attachment 158262
They work best in a canister. They need the water passing through it, to obsorb the 'bad' stuff....
If you have a canister, then i would defo use it in there instead...

Hope this helps.... Also have a look at this video about polyfil

I wouldn't use the house paint. Go to a craft or DIY store and get some Acrylic matt black paint, maybe 3-4 100ml bottles. Someone told me here that the $1 store has them. Get a cheap, disposable 3-5" SPONGE roller. Clean the back of the tank with just water and paper towels. Give it 3 coats(more if needed). Wait about 30mins between each coat. This stuff dry pretty quick. After each coat, shine a light(torch) at the glass and you'll see if the paint has completely cover the glass. Sometimes you get tiny clear holes, just keep painting until it's completely covered. The reason i use Acrylic paint is because its, cheap, odourless and works great on glass. In between coats, cover the sponge roller with a plastic bag or food bag. Stops the roller from drying out and leaving clumps of dry paint on the glass. I use matt black because it leaves no 'shine' on the glass.

As ff.rice said, don't panic if it's not crystal clear, sometimes it takes a few days....

They work best in a canister. They need the water passing through it, to obsorb the 'bad' stuff....
If you have a canister, then i would defo use it in there instead...

Hope this helps.... Also have a look at this video about polyfil

Wow that really helps thank u for the breakdown

Back
Top Bottom