Possible 75 gallon equip

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dr_girlfriend

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I might be buying a 75 drilled tank. I kinda trust the guy that works there, but he is trying to sell stuff for as much $$$ as possible. I just wanted to get an unbiased opinion. What equipment would you purchase for this tank? And is a predrilled tank better than one that is not? My goal for this tank is to have a reef eventually.

And a wet/dry can be plumbed into a fuge right? You can tell I'm pretty clueless about SW equipment. :)
I know the basics, but all the plumbing is where I get a little confused. I looked under thier show tank and got very scared LOL

I'm going to get started soon with saltwater and I have to agree with you I'm confused on the plumbing. Pre-drilled tanks are your best choice for a reef. I don't know if a wet/dry can be plumbed into a fuge, but have you looked into sumps. They aren't alot of money to make and have a lot of advantages over other filtration.

My first tank a 45 gallon wasn't pre-drilled so therefore since i was using LR as my filtration system i had to buy an overflow box and then we made a refuge (you could use your wet/dry rather then a refuge) for it out of a normal 15 gallon. The cons to this set up was it is kind of noisy because the water runs into the overflow box and it gurgles and sips and we also had a sponge in our over flow box that colleted stuff and if we for got to change it after a while our water would over flow so we had to remember to change it every 2-3 weeks

My new tank 150 gallon I actually bought used (you might want to look in your local paper mine was a GREAT DEAL because it came with everything i mean we switched stuff with better stuff but a great deal) but it is pre drilled and I have basically the same set up (we converted the wet/dry into a refuge) but a much bigger refuge in the bottom. IMO is actually a lot quieter and it won't EVER over flow. The con is you have the pipes either in one or two spots in the back of your tank that take up a little room. HTH :D

Back
Top Bottom