Possible aquarium stand???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MonkeyMonk86

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I ordered this cart from Overstock in the hopes of putting a Marineland System 12 on it. Max load for cart is 150#. They don't know top shelf load.
12x8=96# + aquarium weight 10# + Eco complete substrate aprox. 20# = minimum 126#

Any carpenter aquarists?

Do you think it's going to be ok or should I not chance it?ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1393262875.162141.jpg

I would personally chance it without the castors. You cold always weight test it with some free weights if you have a home gym or if you weigh around 150 do a "sit test" . Archaic I know but whatever works.

Thank you so much for answering! The cart just arrived. I rethought my situation and realized if the new aquarium fits on my kitchen counter, I could put the big one on the kitchen counter and my little evolve2 on the cart.

My counters are about 40yr old particle board with the old laminate ( Formica ? ) top. Do you think that would be safe or do you think my counter top might break and sag?

I'm in a dated condo and have few outlets except in the kitchen. I could give up my front room hallway buffet table and buy a real stand if I really had to. What do you think I should do?

Unfortunately, I have only 1 working outlet on that wall. And, I'm not sure if it's on the air conditioner circuit. I would have to test.

I miss my hubby so bad right now. He was so smart and he always made fun of my ideas. I gained 50# after he died, so I'm now 200#. My mom is 130#. I can just hear him saying, " yeah, let's get your mom out of her walker and have her sit on the cart." And, then he'd make all kinds of funny gestures. I was a very lucky woman to have had such a great guy to depend on and advise me and make me laugh. I'm kind of a scared little fat kitten without him to advise me. So, I'm very grateful for all help and suggestions.

My counters are about 40yr old particle board with the old laminate ( Formica ? ) top. Do you think that would be safe or do you think my counter top might break and sag

My housr was built in the 40's and I have a bar that if you lean on it leans and wobbles a bit. I have a 20g tank sitting on it with no problems for 6months do far

Wow! I'd be afraid. So, I guess, I'm safe with the kitchen cabinets. Thanks! Tonight or tomorrow night, I'm going to be putting that cart together. I think I'll decide after I look at the components. It said it was rubber wood.

Back
Top Bottom