possible leak or loose connection?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

stan450z

Aquarium Advice Freak
I was trying to put on a new UV sterilizer and hook it up to an external pump that leads from my sump. The pump is in a tight space and after moving it something started leaking bad. i am not sure where the leak is coming from.

Either from rubber tubing, the grey screw on part, or a seal between the glass and the grey part, or part of the sump? PICS ATTACHED

I pulled out my sump out sideways to take a closer look and drained it a bit, and tipped it aside from where the leak is. I screwed the grey part tight, I think that was it because the major leaking has subsided but I still saw a little bit of water this morning. Maybe its the blue seal?

What can I use to make sure everything is water tight? Silicon aquarium sealant? Can I apply with water in the sump or must it be dry and not in use?

Also what can I do to make sure my fish dont die without having the system not running? Wet dry trickle filter gives me the aeration. I do have an external aeration and assume I can put my chiller pump out of my sump directly into my aquarium. What a disaster!!

Attachments

• IMG_0060.JPG
    IMG_0060.JPG
    117.6 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_0061.JPG
    IMG_0061.JPG
    114.2 KB · Views: 53
Back
Top Bottom