Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-21-2014, 08:15 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Pound Pump with UV Clarifier? Please help my pump went out!

Guys, my pump went out today on my tank. It was a used pump, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised. That pump had a flow rate of 900 gallons per hour, and the only pump I could find today at my hardware store was one with 800 gallons per out flow rate. I don't think that will be a big issue.

My question is, will this pump even work? It has a UV Clarifier built right into it, so that's cool! Here is a picture. I am going to work on my pump for a few minutes before I even open this pump. I really do not want to spend $157 next week. I have an account at the hardware store, so that's why I have it today.

Please help! Tell me if this pump will work or not if I can not get my other pump to work. Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1047.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	204.3 KB
ID:	234265  

Old 04-21-2014, 09:13 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Never mind. This pump is junk! It's super loud. To the point it sounds broken. Plus the UV light is not even working.

Old 04-21-2014, 09:46 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Well, I decided to put my old pump back in and see if it would fix itself. Thankfully it did, I left it on for 30 minutes, and and out of nowhere it started to pump again. So, I can take the one Pump back and I hope get my money back.

Tags
pump

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com