Power Compact Lighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bj5z25

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have just started a 75 gallon sw tank. I don't have any lighting and I am shopping for a good compact lighting system for my soon to be reef tank. I have a budget and would like to stick around the $200 range but if I have no choice but to spend more I will. I would like to know of some good brands of compact lighting of at least 4x65watts and 48"long.

Coralife.

I've heard of WAY too many Orbit and Satellite fixtures malfunctioning to make them a viable option IMO.

JBJ makes a fixture, but I guess the fans on it sound like jet engine taking off, as opposed to the coralife which sounds more like a couple slightly audible computer fans.

Ditto. Get a coralife. I haven't had a problem with mine since day 1.

The only thing is you say soon to be reef tank. I strongly recommend you get MH or else you will be putting alot of inverts near the top of the tank. I suggest you get cheap flourescant lighting and save ALOT of money for a CF/MH combo unit. It will be expensive but well worth it. And if your patient and wait a good number of months, you will probably have saved enough money to buy the unit and your tank will be mature enough to support most moderate level corals.

thanks for the info. i got the coralife with moon lamps the other day. its working great.

Back
Top Bottom