Power Compact Lighting Requirements

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jasonanatal

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hello everyone, hopefully you can provide me with some advice on Power Compact Lighting Requirements. I currently have a FOWLR that I'm looking to upgrade the stock lighting to bring out the best color and possibly house 3 or 4 corals in my tank some time in the distant future. I'm just interested in power compact or Flourescent Bulbs because I have two 15 Watts Lights currently. I really cannot afford to go into thing like VHO or MH. Thanks in advance for your advice.

Keep in mind that you will need to replace the entire lighting fixture not just the bulbs. What size tank again?

When looking at the price at captivereefs.com keep in mind that Darin gives AA members a 6% discount :)

Jason you could build your own MH lighting system for under 300 bucks. I also think there are some pendant fixtures that incorporate PC with MH that are dirt cheap, maybe someone can help us out and post the link?

Ebay is a good source for lighting. Or a DIY project could work. I'm fairly cheap and found a mh lighting kit that suits my needs (i hope, just ordered it).

doug

Back
Top Bottom