Power compact stripe light. Opinion please ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Not too much light, but way way overpriced. I know it's in Canadian dollars, but ouch! I checked the price under the US site, and it's $119 in US funds, for 80watts of power compact lighting. That gives you 4watts per gallon...HIGH light. You'll have to add CO2, and fertilize several times a week.

All you really need for a 20gallon is 65watts of power compact...which can be had for about half the price of that Orbit unit. Coralife makes a fixture like this.
Here's the link: http://www.bigalsonline.ca/catalog/product.xml?product_id=29549;category_id=2543
Its about half the price of the orbit, still has enough wattage for most any plant, only thing you lose is the moonlights, which aren't that amazing.
I prefer using the mounting legs, and running the tank open-top.

Actually the mounting legs will allow it to fit your tank. They mount on the light fixture with little locking sliders, so you can adjust it to fit.

If I think about it tonight I'll try to take a photo of that fixture, since I've got the mounting legs. I've got a standard 20gallon, 24x12x18, but it'll work on yours too.

I have all of the jbj single strip1 and 2 bulb and 3 and 4 bulbs in stock and need to get rid of a few.
They offered me a great price @ the show and i would be happy to pass the savings along to my customers.
Just to let you know the singel strips do not show pricing on the site as we aqre working on a new website

Marcus Do you ship to Canada ??

And just a NOOB question... what do they mean by single strip??
I see 2 bulb on the picture ??

The fisture would be 2" extra en each side of the tank... I wonder if it would look good... ?

:?

Yes we do ship to Canada.
Depending on the length of the light depends if it is 1 bulb or 2 bulbs or 4 bulbs in this arrange ment

1 bulb ::::

2 bulbs:::: ::::

4 bulbs :::: :::: 1st row of 2 bulbs
:::: :::: 2 :fadein: d row of 2 bulbs

Back
Top Bottom