Power Head?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Graybear78

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 50 G freshwater tank with the Marineland 350 Penguin filter. Would it be ok to add a power head to add a little more current to the tank?

Yep, I run a hydor koralia 400 on my 55 gallon with my fluval 306 canister and the current is good throughout the tank. Now I would never run a tank without one!:)

+1 to Dallas
I also use 306's, but I have marineland 450's running. They come with a whole bunch of parts for different configurations. I use the parts (a bit lesser flow) that allow me to attach a plastic bottle. I fill with floss for extra mech. filtering. Kinda like a two bangs for the buck.
I do have a aqueon 950 powerhead, no adapters just straight powerhead. It is way too strong for my tanks, even the africans don't like it. I must have tried a hundred positions, in two different tanks.
Alot depends on the fish you have and can be researched. I have some rosey barbs that love to chase 'upstream', but they are with tetras that completely avoid it.......

I have tetras, dwarf gouramis, angel, black ghost knife, plecos, catfish, gold algae eater. Do you think they would be ok with it?

Sent from my SGH-I547C using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom