Power Head help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok so I have two of those and my return pump. Is that enough flow for my 96 gallon corner reef tank or should I upgrade?

Nano Koralias. You need much larger power heads. The return pump is most likely fine. I'm betting it's a mag 9.5. I would get a pair of 1500 gph powerheads.

Now this might sound like a dumb question... How do I keep flow through my massive mountain of live rock?

10-4 on the big wave but will water naturally flow through the rock with having the power heads pointed directly at the rock constantly?

You want your scape to be open enough so that water can flow through. I personally like to point my ph's at each other on opposite walls to create a more random flow through the tank

You want your scape to be open enough so that water can flow through. I personally like to point my ph's at each other on opposite walls to create a more random flow through the tank

Luckily enough all 175ish pounds of live rock are very large pieces therefor created giant caves. My adult sized tomini tang can swim through the whole structure. I'm hoping that water can flow through there. What would be the highest quality powerhead sold these days?

That would be Ecotech Vortech. 2 MP40's and you have some serious "bling" on your tank. They are the best.

Ecotech vortechs are awesome pumps, they are expensive though. I just upgraded my powerheads to vortech mp40s and they are worth it. They provide massive flow yet it's a wide gentle flow that moves a tonne of water.

Back
Top Bottom