Power Head question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

catmel

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Would 2 linear power heads work ok for a FOWLR system or do I need to get a rotating one? Ive heard if you have certain inverts they need a circulating or revolving PW. I may eventually do a mixed reef, but only after a bit of experience first ;)

The rotating PH's are usually problem prone. What you want to achieve is chaotic water flow as a opposed to laminar or linear flow. This is best accomplished by having 2 power heads. You can place them on the tank side and point them at each other, or you can place them on the back corners with both aimed at the front center glass, or going across each other (like a X).

What you want to achieve is chaotic water flow as a opposed to laminar or linear flow. This is best accomplished by having 2 power heads. You can place them on the tank side and point them at each other, or you can place them on the back corners with both aimed at the front center glass, or going across each other (like a X).

This is what I would suggest also. This is what you would see in the reefs.

Back
Top Bottom