Power heads

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Devo56

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have two koralia evolution 5200 power heads in my 55 gal tank it's the same dimensions as a 75 just not as tall but same width and length and I have one on each end and no matter what I do the sand in the front always get blown away is it because the power heads are to strong?

It's a lot, but shouldn't be too much. I have two 1050s (equivalent to 4000lph) and they work great; granted my tank is a bit taller. How much room is there from your sandbed to your waterline? How are the PHs positioned? Tank dimensions?

It's best to have 1 on the side half way up aiming up towards the center of the front glass, and the other PH being about 3/4 the way up (on other side of course) aimed for the same spot. By aiming them up and at each other, you're going to get much more surface agitation and water turbulence on the top of half of the tank (ideal SPS conditions), and calmer waters below (polyps, nems, etc.); this should eliminate the sandstorm.

Back
Top Bottom