Power heads

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ozorowsky

Aquarium Advice Freak
Can you post pictures of your power head placement? I have mine about 12" down on each end of the tank. A total of three, pointing in different directions. thoughts?

What kind of fish and tank are you running? Some fish like strong currents more than others.

i have two on my 125g about 4 inches down and pointingupwards towards each other towards the front glass. Kinda like so they meet and then create even more flow.

I;ve been thinking of puting a 750 on the back wall and aim that towards the spot the other two are at...

Nice! What kind of fish are in the tank? I am not sure how true it is, since I have read multiple opinions, but some folks say that angelfish and discus don't like currents as much as some other cichlids. True?

I can't confirm or deny on those fish and low currents. I currently dont have any angels.

I only have a yellow tang, blue tang, watchman goby, blenny and 2 clowns. I do know the clowns surf my return nozzle, like catching a wave at the beach. LOL They will do it all day long. I also have a timoni tang in qt now to add this weekend.

But the tangs seem to like the flow, they are always out front to where my powerheads are focused.

The fish I;m planning on adding I don't think will mind the flow either so I should be set in my setup.

You also need enough flow to get every nook and cranny of your tank moving, you want no dead spots anywhere.

A trick I picked up here and was using was adding a bit of purple up on each side in front of the powerhead. It is milky in color so it actually will disperse and you can see where the waterflow is going.

A trick I picked up here and was using was adding a bit of purple up on each side in front of the powerhead. It is milky in color so it actually will disperse and you can see where the waterflow is going.

I just might give this a try!

Don't go overboard with the purple up though, will raise your calcium. :)

I use a bit less than a capful on each side and adjust from there. ( i do have a 125g tank though so don't over dose the P.U)

Back
Top Bottom