Power Heads for salt mixing? PWC?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

carey

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have a 32g garbage can I'm using for my ro/di & salt mixing. I'm using 2 Koralia 1400's right now only cause I don't have my 125g up. When I start using them in my tank what kind of power head will work for mixing salt? I don't wanna get crazy expensive, just one or two that are adequate.

I planned on getting a small pump to run my water from the back porch to inside the tank, probably 1/2 inch hose.

Any suggestions? What do you guys use for salt mixing and for pwc's.

Thanks everyone :-D

carey said:
I have a 32g garbage can I'm using for my ro/di & salt mixing. I'm using 2 Koralia 1400's right now only cause I don't have my 125g up. When I start using them in my tank what kind of power head will work for mixing salt? I don't wanna get crazy expensive, just one or two that are adequate.

I planned on getting a small pump to run my water from the back porch to inside the tank, probably 1/2 inch hose.

Any suggestions? What do you guys use for salt mixing and for pwc's.

Thanks everyone :-D

Carey,,..for my 32 gal garbage can I'm using just one koralia 750 gph powerhead and that's IMO even overkill,...I had a little 400 gph powerhead that I used before and as soon as I remember where I put it I'll use it instead,....anything that'll keep the water circulating is going to work,..after all you are mixing your water at least 24 hours or more before you use it.,....for my water changes ( pumping water back into the tank ) I'm using a little 300 gph (?) submersible pump that I took off of my HOB CPR refugium that I don't use anymore,.....

I use a koralia 750 also to mix in a 32G trash can

well i would have gotten something cheap but i already had the extra koralia lol

i use a cheap petco brand 400gph to mix 20 gallons at a time and it works great i think i spent 17 bucks on it it was the first one i bought before i got my new koralia

Back
Top Bottom