Power Strip Timers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mbjrc

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have been looking for a power strip that also has a built in timer. I was hoping to find one that controls each individual outlet separately. I need 5 different things on 5 timers. The ones I came across at Big Als and Dr Fosters appear to turn some on as they turn others off. Is there any such stip? Or would i have to buy indivdual timers? Thanks in advance!

I use the X-10 Active home system. The times are set on my computer and down loaded into a interface. All of my lights are on appliance modules as fluorescents won't work with standard lamp modules. My sump pumps and skimmers are controlled by a hand held remote control.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was hoping to find one that controls each individual outlet separately. I need 5 different things on 5 timers.

Not going to find it. There are probably units designed for industrial applications out there, but will cost far too much and be far too large.

Best to either go the X10 route, an aquarium controller route (although I don't think any of them have 5 controlled outlets, but could be wrong), or a powerstrip with multiple plug in timers.

Yes there is such a thing, but it is hit or miss. That is I got one that is working like a clock, and two that do not work even after being exchanged by the manufacturer. They are imported from China and cost around 30 bucks. They can be found on e-bay, but today there were none listed.

Do not buy coralife - i had really bad experience with those. - Those break if not instantly, then in 2-3 weeks.

Good Luck!

I use Intermatic digital outdoor lighting timers ...Home Depot $19.99. Two outlets, but turn both on and off at the same time.

Back
Top Bottom