Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 11-01-2009, 10:36 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice FINatic
Originally Posted by mfdrookie516 View Post
the reason you turn them off when feeding is because the food will go everywhere if you dont
That I understand totally, although it would be funny a time or two to see the fish scramble. My question was mostly to WhiteDevil then, who I thought meant that the AC powerhead was preferable because it did not need to be turned off during feeding time.

hbeth82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 12:15 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict
I dont turn mine off to feed, no point really. The food goes everywhere yes but no one seems to mind and its more natural feeding to let them scramble for it. Gives em exercise they normally dont get. The way I use my powerhead is with the supplied rimlip bracket, it lowers it from 3-4" into the tank, no need to shut it down for feeding since the HOB waterfalls pushes the food everywhere anyways.

Most fish chase down their food, only a select few regularly wait for the food to come to them. Mostly predators.

WhiteDevil is offline   Reply With Quote

powerhead, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com