Powerhead choice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bgmann12

Aquarium Advice Freak
I am starting a 40 gallon tank that I want to get some easy to keep corals and a couple fish in. What powerhead(s) should I get and how much flow do I need in all.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

What will your filtration be? I am using a return pump of 700gph on my 40b and for powerheads i am using a koralia 425 in the right back and a wp10 for the basic flow.

The mag700gph is too much btw, am thinking of dropping it to a 500gph one. But the powerheads are about right and I only have the wp10 at like 30% or so

Get a jebao wp10, I have one wp25 in a 75 gallon and i'll never need anything else. I can get a great wave going.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

What will your filtration be? I am using a return pump of 700gph on my 40b and for powerheads i am using a koralia 425 in the right back and a wp10 for the basic flow.

The mag700gph is too much btw, am thinking of dropping it to a 500gph one. But the powerheads are about right and I only have the wp10 at like 30% or so

It will be a HOB filter and HOB protein skimmer. (No sump)

What about hydor korillas

if i were to go with only koralias i would get two 550's, one for each side. 425 isnt quite enough punch in my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom