Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 01-27-2016, 03:18 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak
Unhappy Powerhead failure :(

Hi all!

My AguaStyle 980T powerhead has died this morning, after merely 3 years of work :/ It was pumping the water to the spray bar above the tank, and the water is going down through set of sponges and ceramic rings.

I have a small replacement filter that can keep the tank going till I get the replacement, but it only has the room for the sponges (I tried to cram as much of original sponges in there as possible), but I can't fit the ceramic rings anywhere. So my question is, what to do with the ceramic rings? How long till the bacterias on those die, and what to do to prevent it? Should I submerge the rings in the tank for now? How long can I keep it like that? (It'll be at least two or maybe even three days before I can do anything about the filter )

'When something goes wrong, do what I do-- act normal and pretend that was te plan from the beginning!' - Doctor Who.
senemedar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 04:51 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Activist
I would put the rings in a filter bag or even a toe of pantyhose and try to hang in front of the output of the filter you have going now . Should be fine for days .
We are meant to be the stewards of the Earth and her creatures....not the masters.
Leeatl is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com