Powerhead for 60 gallon cube

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ants86

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a 60 gallon cube with a roughly 600gph return pump and an overflow box in the corner of the tank. I recently bought a 1050-1150 gph Hydor Koralia and have placed it on the overflow wall with the flow pointed diagonally at the opposite corner of the tank. The PH is positioned about 1/3 of the way down the wall and pointed slightly up.

Based on the numbers, I have about 20-25x water movement, but at times it seems like my water current is too strong. I have 2 oscellaris clowns about 0.5'' and 1'' big, and they never go directly in front of the PH. They only hang out behind the PH or in the corner near the overflow intake.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to whether this current setup is ok? Should I replace my 1050-1150 gph with two 750-850s? If so, where should I place those PHs, since putting them on opposite sides of the cube pointed at each other seems a little too close.

I'm just hoping that I didn't waste $45 on the 1050-1150 :( Any ideas would be much appreciated, thanks!

Back
Top Bottom