powerheads?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm not sure how good that one is form Petco but the first one I bought from them was horrible. I have 2 Hydor Korlia Nano 425's in my 30 and to be honest I think I may need more flow. It all depends on my return when i finish my sump.
I got mine from an online from Big Al's for $26 each (sale). If you search you can find them.

I like the Korlia's since they give off a more dispersed flow instead of the jet like most powerheads.

Check out the Evolutions. Someone with more experience can tell you if one 550 or 750 would be enough. The link is for reference and you may be able to find them cheaper.
Power Heads

I have no idea. But, it does look pretty cool. I can see why it's tempting to you. I've always wondered why they set them up so they don't move.

i have two koralia 550s and they are doing alright. it doesn't look like there is much flow but there really is

im actually planning to have clown fish and possibly an anemone, i kno clownfish dont need them, but they look so **** cool lol but ive also read that in many cases anemones get sucked up into powerheads, is there any tips you guys have for water circulation with anemones?

they can indeed get sucked up

it depends what kind of power head you go with, if you get a pump style a simple filter works or cage, if its a circulating pump like the koralias or MP40s then you could wrap it in a sliding door mesh so it can't get its tenticals in it.

A cheaper thing over a submersible powerhead is just adding another return pump. Just buy a fixture to put on the end of it to change how the water flows out of it. I bought 2 425 gph Koralias for 30 dollars a piece before I just got a maxijet 1200 and got more flow for half the price. Just takes a bit extra time.

You could put a mesh around it or some egg crate or what have you. I haven't had to do that because my clown is perfectly happy with Clavularia :p

I got 2 koralias 750's on sale at amazon for $25 each a few months ago. Just gotta catch a good sale. i couldn't live without the koralia magnet mounts, seriously worth the extra couple of bucks.

Back
Top Bottom