Powerheads

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

QuietPlotter

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ok, so I have this very nasty protein film in my 10 gallon. I adjusted the flow on my cichlid tank and it's gone, so I know that was the issue.

I am considering [strongly] getting a powerhead. I am looking for something that is not noisy. I was thinking of getting the Aquaclear 20 Powerhead.

I am welcome to all suggestions $35 and under, I appreciate all input!

QP

Okokok me to the rescue

I think an ac20 would do you well, but i havent got much experiences with powerheads unless they are korolias.

Why do you have such a weird film/buildup on your tank wall?? Maybe add another filter with more flow instead?

A film on top of your tank? You are sure no one has been spraying Febreeze around or anything?

Also, when's the last time you did a water change, your feeding schedule, stocking list, and parameters? I think the film should be addressed before you buy more equipment.

Ok.

10 Gallons
Aquaclear 30
Gravel
1x Anubia
1x Crypt
3x Hornwort
Java Fern soon.

2x Platy
2x Otocinclus
1x Bolivian Ram

30% Water changes 1-2 times per week with gravel vac.

Parameters-

Ammonia- 0ppm
Nitrite- 0ppm
Nitrate- 10-20ppm

Nope not febreeze I have been watching it slowly develop, go on youtube and type "protein film aquarium" and hit the video where it's a thumbnail of duckweed. The man shows and says he has a bad film it's just like mine.

I don't want another filter too much noise and no room.

Was thinking of AC10 Powerhead, or a MarineLand Maxi Jet.

Feeding:

Aqueon Tropical Flakes 1x per day

Alternate each week with Hikari Pellets, bits of Hikari Wafers for the Otos, Peas, Cucumber, and shrimp pellets.

But 1x a day and I fast them for a day if they ate too much.

All tanks will develop this a power head or another filter is a little on the extreme side just get an air pump and bubble wand/air stone and that should be more than enough to break up the waters surface and help get rid of the build up.

FreshwaterFishJunkie said:
MarineLand Maxi Jet 400 is what I use.(y)

I keeled over and laughed my heart out on one of the Maxi Jet Reviews on amazon.

Read the review on Amazon for the Marineland MI90511 Maxi-Jet PRO 230/1000gph--- Maxi Jet 900

Funniest ever

I have an AC powerhead 30 & 50. Its pretty quiet and I'm pleased. It can be placed close to the surface to create more surface water movement.

Back
Top Bottom