Powerheads

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

i2ik

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I would like to know if i can put 2 powerheads in a 20G.
I guess my choice with be with an AquaClear 2000 or the aquaclear 201
what you guys think?

Fresh or Salt?

Sure you can put them in there. Depending on the position and the type of tank two might not be desired or two might be inadiquate.

I have three poerheads in my 20L and a return pump. Rio 800, MJ 1100 and MJ600 for the PH. and a Hagen 802 for the return pump.

One would be better?
I guess i will wait until i have my protein skimmer
I found on ebay a Berlin Protein Skimmer Tripple Pass for 50$ which is freom 25 Gal up to 250 apparently...
I dont think that it will change something to put a strong skimmer in a 20Gal no?
Anyways, seeclone skimmers seem to be le cheapless one but as i can see on the forum, its not a good one

Does any pump fits on any protein skimmer?

reefrunner69, can you show me a picture of how you position your powerheads and everything? Thank :)

The standard position is in the back corners blowing toward the middle center.

Although other variations are back corners blowing toward eachother, one back corner and 1 front side blowing toward eachother, two in the back corners blowing toward the middle and one blowing across the back, one blowing toward the center at the upper area of the water and one blowing toward the center mid way down the water level, etc.

It honestly depends on your setup, your live rock layout, your corals.

When I had a 20H going I had a little hang on back filter with out the media moving water plus two powerheads in the back corners blowing toward the front. The concept is to provide good water flow and random currents.

You should look up the manufactuers specs on the skimmer to size the pump.

If you look in my gallery at my full tank shots, you will see the two powerheads in the front, the third is on the let side, low and in the back of the aquarium, blowing behind the rock. The return pump is in the middle of the tank blowing towards the front and slightly to the right of the tank.

Back
Top Bottom