Powerheads?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishdude3233

Aquarium Advice Addict
Should I use a power head in my planted tank? If i do so I have to connect it to something or not? Also some power heads can also me circulators which one is better?

How big is your tank? I have a forty gallon with two Koralia Nano 240's. Somewhat overkill but I had an issue with BBA so I was trying to eliminate all factors of its propagation.

Never seen the point in a power head

It's best to use a small internal filter you get the same results as a power head and the bonus of more filtration

A internal filter is great at polishing the waterv

A internal and canister is the best option in my eyes

Never seen the point in a power head

It's best to use a small internal filter you get the same results as a power head and the bonus of more filtration

A internal filter is great at polishing the waterv

A internal and canister is the best option in my eyes

Yeah but that's extra bulk for no reason. The nanos are about the size of an egg. The purpose of a powerhead is to disperse the nutrients throughout the tank and eliminate dead spots. In a planted tank they are sometimes necessary, but a regular tank it holds little significance.

Yeah but that's extra bulk for no reason. The nanos are about the size of an egg. The purpose of a powerhead is to disperse the nutrients throughout the tank and eliminate dead spots. In a planted tank they are sometimes necessary, but a regular tank it holds little significance.

So the same thing a internal filter does but with polishing the water

So a power head is a waste of time and electric

Internal filters are not that big

And surely something the size of a egg will get clogged up fast in a planted tank one leaf will slow it right down

Will not the same thing happen to an internal filter? As long as you have a good canister or a couple HOBs there is no reason for an internal filter. Your certainly entitled to your own opinion. I have two nano powerheads that do certainly get leaves stuck, but doesn't affect their output. Idk the OP can make the choice but I think the internal filter is an eye sore

Back
Top Bottom