Powerheads

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

StartingInUtah

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 75 gallon saltwater aquarium that I am setting up and I am trying to figure out the powerhead for this aquarium . I had one that I was given when I bought the aquarium but it does not have the suction cups or anything to attach it so I think I may just need to get a new one or two. I actually am not sure if the powerhead that I was given even works correctly if I could figure out how to attach it. It has a box that I am guessing contains the pump, then it has a tube that protruding from that box that has a rounded cap type thing with holes in it. I am guessing this is where is sucks the water in because the water squirts out the sides of the tube right behind the cap. I am not sure if that is what it is supposed to do. I know absolutely nothing about powerheads so what do I look for? How do I place them? How many should I get? Does anyone know if mine is working correctly and if there is any way to attach it in order to save a little money? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Hi it is possible you a multi function powerhead that can also act as circulation pump and a utility pump. If you could post pictures or tell us the make and model I am sure we can help you get it setup for your purpose.

Back
Top Bottom