Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 04-17-2014, 10:23 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

I have a 75 gallon saltwater aquarium that I am setting up and I am trying to figure out the powerhead for this aquarium . I had one that I was given when I bought the aquarium but it does not have the suction cups or anything to attach it so I think I may just need to get a new one or two. I actually am not sure if the powerhead that I was given even works correctly if I could figure out how to attach it. It has a box that I am guessing contains the pump, then it has a tube that protruding from that box that has a rounded cap type thing with holes in it. I am guessing this is where is sucks the water in because the water squirts out the sides of the tube right behind the cap. I am not sure if that is what it is supposed to do. I know absolutely nothing about powerheads so what do I look for? How do I place them? How many should I get? Does anyone know if mine is working correctly and if there is any way to attach it in order to save a little money? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

StartingInUtah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 01:30 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice FINatic

POTM Champion
Hi it is possible you a multi function powerhead that can also act as circulation pump and a utility pump. If you could post pictures or tell us the make and model I am sure we can help you get it setup for your purpose.
"He who never made a mistake, never made a discovery".
Samuel Smiles
Huro is offline   Reply With Quote

powerhead, powerheads

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com