Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 08-07-2015, 10:13 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I had the hydro's for two years on my 30 gallon not to bad but then they stopped working. I was going to get the same ones again but thought I would try something else. now have had the Sicce voyager nano for about 6 months. I like it more then the old ones I had.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

shawnjohn686 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 05:16 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict
First you need to figure out what kind of reef you are setting up. I'm assuming you are doing low or low-moderate flow corals (ie softies and some LPS). I've been away from the hobby for quit some time, but low-moderate flow would be around 20-50gph. Well over 50gph would be high flow SPS happy environment.

2+ powerheads is better than 1. Reason is you help create the right flow for different areas of your tank depending on where the flow is coming. You can set up the flow to make the bottom area of your tank for low flow softies and higher area of the tank moderate flow LPS.

This above is the main reason to why powerheads is important to a tank to a reef tank. Other important features is keeping the water going through the live rocks and keeping some debris and waste suspended until it gets to your overflow, filter, or water changes.

Kind Regards,
Terrance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 05:18 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I put in two hydors (got them for as cheap as any other ones) and they seem to being doing a good job. Just need to work on getting the best position. But I do like having two pumps instead of one like I had before, allows different areas to get flow
woots1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 06:00 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion
Tie a piece of string to a net handle and it will show you the flow zones in the tank, use it to position your phs so you have no dead zones

BigRedsReefs10 is online now   Reply With Quote

powerhead, powerheads

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com