Pre existing lights/fixture on tank Good? Bad?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

T-Rexx

Aquarium Advice Activist
Does anyone know much about Odyssea CF 96 watt 67000k bulbs? About a year ago I purchased a 90 gallon tank off craigslist. The guy that sold it to me customized the hood/canopy with fans and a lighting fixture for a planted tank. The fixture is set up for Odyssea bulbs. As much as I try to research and understand lighting for planted aquariums I still get fairly overwhelmed when it comes to which types lights are best. I'm still doing research.. But can I ask a silly question? Are the lights that came with the tank good lights to use? or is there better out there? About a month after I bought the tank there was no longer money coming in. So the tank has been out in the garage for the past year. Thankfully that changed and I'm in hopes of having this tank up and running by summer/fall. Any help is appreciated! Ty!! ^_^

Your Tank Lighting

Hello rees...

You may have a couple of thin T5 high output lamps in that fixture. This much light over a 90 gallon tank is low light, but will be enough for the dark green, aquarium plants. Anubias, Java fern, Hornwort, Bananas, Anacharis, Pennywort and any of the mosses will be fine under this type of florescent lighting. The 6700K lamps are very close to natural daylight and the good thing about florescents is they last a long time.

B

Oh I see, thank you for the reply. I think I'll probably invest in some brighter bulbs. Cuz knowing me I know I'll be wanting red plants in the tank. Which I know needs lots of lights#

Sent from my LG-D850 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Oh I see, thank you for the reply. I think I'll probably invest in some brighter bulbs. Cuz knowing me I know I'll be wanting red plants in the tank. Which I know needs lots of lights#

Light*

Back
Top Bottom