Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-24-2005, 09:14 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by captivereefs
The box has oils on it from production and will cause the skimmer too act funny for a few weeks
This was my first thought as well.

Old 03-24-2005, 11:54 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Regular

The problem in my opinion is the box is not designed very well. I have my box as far over to the right as possible to the point the return feed is right up against the center divider and this still leaves only a very small space between the center wall and the pump intake. I feel my pump may not be working as well in this box. I do like how it skimms the surface. My surface water is very clear, but I think I am getting less skim then I was without the box. I have only had mine for a few weeks so maybe I need to give it more time. I also like the bubble sponge as this really helps cut down on the bubbles....

Old 03-25-2005, 12:07 AM   #13
Aquarium Advice Freak

I have the Remora pro aslo, but not the pre-filter box.

Quote:
I also like the bubble sponge as this really helps cut down on the bubbles....
Is this something made for the remora or a DIY? Mine has been running a little over a week now (I know, not a real long time) and still has a ton of bubbles. I'd like to try to eliminate/reduce them.
Old 03-25-2005, 12:11 AM   #14
Aquarium Advice Freak

It's made by the AquaC folks. It's pretty big & ugly but does cut down on the bubbles.
Old 03-25-2005, 01:23 AM   #15
Aquarium Advice Freak

But can you put a sponge in the remora in the partition that contains the return water to help trap the bubbles before the enter the tank?
Old 04-02-2005, 01:46 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice Regular

Thank you all for saving me $30 and some grief.

I think the box is designed to add a sponge for bubble reduction. I just added a sponge to the return. Works pretty well.
Old 04-02-2005, 10:42 PM   #17
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/viewto...=380528#380528

Here's my story and fustration with the same prefilter box - I agree, the box wall and MJ1200 intake is too close and it's difficult to adjust. I'm on my 2nd week playing with it and I actually emailed Aqua C. To my surprise, I actually had a prompt response and cooresponded about 5 emails with them.

Basically, they said to adjust the box so that the water falls into the prefilter side of the box and aim the power heads towards the skimmer if possible as this will push the surface water towards the grooves .

BTW - w/out the prefilter box - what did you use to cover the intake of the power head? My friend carved a little bit off the filter sponge and just popped it on the intake to prevent death by power head. I'm interested to hear what others are doing.

Good luck
Brian

Tags
aquac, filter

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com