prizm skimmer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pluk1992

Aquarium Advice Activist
are these skimmers worth the money my friend has one and he say s it always skims just wondering if any one else has experiance with these thanks

I have a prizm skimmer running on my 33 gallon tank, it does an ok job but u constantly need to ajust it for it to work properly. Kind of a pain :roll:

juskeepswiming said:
always adjusting would be an understatedment...theyre right behind the seaclones :x

I take it he has had both? :roll:

Anyway, I have a prizm, yes they need adjustment (but it isn't bad). I have had mine for a while now and it skims great for my 32 gallon hex! Plus I bought mine for $41.00 on ebay. It depends what kind of deal you get... Keep your eyes open and you can pick a skimmer up cheap on ebay (no matter the brand).

I've been running one for quite a while. Too lazy and cheap atm to replace it. It works OK, but honestly I get the same readings with or without it. I tried constantly adjusting it to keep it running, but it would then start pumping water after a while. So I set mine in one place and forget it. When it stops producing foam I clean the cone and it works again without being adjusted.

Back
Top Bottom