Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-21-2014, 09:47 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Probably a silly question about Purigen.

I recently purchased 2 of the 100 ml pre-bagged products. I was going to use one and have one for backup because you can recharge the stuff. I am using the c360 marineland canister filter and the bag is too small for the tray. I was thinking about throwing both of them in there. With both it will pretty much cover the entire tray. I guess what I am asking is can u use to much or will it just maybe extend the use before recharge is necessary. Can too much be bad?

Old 05-21-2014, 11:13 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

No, you can't have too much. I have two in my 55g and it definitely extends the period between charging. I suggest having them sitting on a layer of filterfloss as it keeps any gunk building up in the bags.....

Old 05-22-2014, 12:16 AM   #3

Cool thank u. Excited to start using it. I have read some good things.
Old 05-22-2014, 11:12 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

No problem, enjoy!!!
Old 05-22-2014, 03:54 PM   #5

Ok maybe another question. These bags are small. They still don't fill the whole basket in the canister. I definitely want to maximize water flow. By shoving filter floss in the areas not covered will it, or maybe something better be used, steer water to purigen. I have a 56 gallon column tank that has quite a bit of depth and there always seems to be a slight haze to it. Tank been running with since 2/21/14. Thank u for your help.
Old 05-22-2014, 06:02 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cichfreak View Post
Ok maybe another question. These bags are small. They still don't fill the whole basket in the canister. I definitely want to maximize water flow. By shoving filter floss in the areas not covered will it, or maybe something better be used, steer water to purigen. I have a 56 gallon column tank that has quite a bit of depth and there always seems to be a slight haze to it. Tank been running with since 2/21/14. Thank u for your help.
The Purigen is an absorbent material, so it will absorb the waste. Every drop of water doesn't need to go through it. As you tank will/should get filtered a few times an hour, it will filter the whole tank in no time. What the floss doesn't catch, the Purigen will.

Tags
purigen, question

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com