Problem with microbubbles

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ClaytonB543

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello there,

I have a 10 gallon freshwater tank with the Aqueon 06080 QuietFlow 10 Power Filter. We are having a problem with microbubbles - well, at least I think they're microbubbles. It used to be worse when the water was cascading from the filter down into the water like a waterfall, but in the attached picture you can see that I have increased the water level to about half of the output of the filter. These bubbles are making the water seem pretty cloudy. I am skeptical about calling them microbubbles because once they reach the surface of the tank, they just bubble around the surface and take a long time to "pop".

This is my first post so I hope that I'm following all of the rules properly. I have attached a picture and can post another one if necessary!

Attachments

• 2015-06-15 08.31.35.jpg
    2015-06-15 08.31.35.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 97
You could take some filter floss and put on the output to diffuse the bubbles. Should hold them long enough to make them pop. It will reduce surface agitation though.

Jesse

What about a cut sponge? would that work as well? I also have an air stone that doesn't produce the microbubbles, just the larger ones so that can help with the surface agitation.

Back
Top Bottom