Problem with my new Magum 350

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bchamberlin

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Had this thing working for a week or so and took it down for a quick cleaning and hose trimming. Even though I wasn't having any leaks, I noticed I didn't have the hoses on as tight as they should be. After screwing with it for about 2 hours, I've come to the conclusion there is NO way you can get those thick tubes secured by those screw mechanisms... they're just too thick, right? Anyone else have this problem? I'm worried the hoses are going to come loose now.

If you use the thick vinyl hose, they will not fit into the gap between the bib & the capture nut. I shaved my hose ends down with a utility knife (carefully) so it is approx 1 mm or so thick & make sure the capture nut grab the hose so it will not fall out.

You can also use thin walled hoses & avoid the problem altogether!

Yep, that's what I'm having trouble with. Where can you buy thinner hoses?

I have seen them at some hardware stores - Rona in Canada, but not Home Depot.

The original hoses from Marineland of course can be used ... but it will cost you an arm an a leg. I have not seen that at any lfs, you'll prob have to special order them from the manufacturer.

Back
Top Bottom